torsdag 12. april 2007

Falk Rößler

Making theatre in all kind of ways started when I was 15 years old. I took drama lessons and began to act and direct. This trace I followed until now. In the last years I played several roles in theatre plays (such as Estragon in Beckett’s “Waiting for Godot” or Jupiter in Sartre’s “The Flies”) and shifted more and more to directing (for example Beckett’s “Endgame” or Arrabal’s “Picnic on the Battlefield”). I also started to lead theatre workshops and courses in which I try to give the participants a basic feeling about their body in a theatrical space. In those courses I also want to make aware of the numerous possibilities for creating theatre works. This semester I led my first theatre theory seminar at the University in Potsdam.
In addition I opened the “Theatre Late Night” with a friend, where we connected theatre, show and research in an entertaining way. Our last project was the self-made play “zugeteilt” (“allocated”) which we wrote, acted and directed.
I study media science in Potsdam, Germany.